Healthy diet and lifestyle is important. This thing also applies in pregnancy. A healthy diet will go a long way in giving birth to a healthy baby. Let us know what to eat and what not to eat in the eighth month of pregnancy.
Eighth month of pregnancy – what to eat
Eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals
During the eighth month of pregnancy, you must consume foods rich in iron and calcium. Blood loss is a part of delivery and you need to make sure you include enough iron in your diet.
On the other hand, calcium will keep your and the baby’s bones strong, so include it in your diet as well. You should consume green leafy vegetables, nuts, apricots, dry fruits, egg yolk, fish, dairy products and bananas.
Eating foods rich in carbohydrates, proteins, and fats
Protein deficiency can affect the baby’s birth weight and body composition. That’s why do not forget to consume protein. For protein, you can consume white eggs, tofu, fish, milk, curd and soy milk.
Carbohydrates are also very important during pregnancy. For this, potatoes, whole grains, sweet potatoes, legumes, nuts, berries and watermelon should be consumed.
Apart from this, during pregnancy, you should consume such fats which are healthy. You can also eat eggs, nuts, fish and peanuts for this.
fiber rich diet
High fiber foods are important during this stage of pregnancy. Fiber-rich foods provide relief from the problem of constipation. That’s why during pregnancy such food should be taken which has high fiber content.
These foods have high nutritional value. They also contain the right amount of fiber needed during the last months of your pregnancy. You can include corn, white beans, black beans, brown rice, cauliflower, broccoli and green leafy vegetables.
Eighth month of pregnancy – what not to eat
1. You should reduce the intake of caffeinated beverages.
2. Papaya contains latex which can pose a risk of miscarriage in the early days of pregnancy. It also contains papain and pepsin which do not allow the development of the embryo. Doctors advise against eating unripe papaya during the entire pregnancy.
3. You should avoid unpasteurized goat, cow and sheep milk. Goat milk is very risky during pregnancy as it is laden with toxoplasmosis.
4. Chinese food contains MSG, i.e. Mono Sodium Gulamate, which is harmful to the development of the fetus and can sometimes result in birth defects. The soy sauce present in it has a high amount of salt, which can cause high blood pressure and is extremely dangerous for a pregnant woman.
5. Doctors believe that women should completely avoid alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol while pregnant can harm the baby.
6. Apart from this, consumption of pineapple, raw egg, raw meat, artificial sweetener, seafood, readymade food, frozen food, too much salt, herbal tea etc. should also be avoided. Try to take advice from your doctor while consuming any diet.
In Sehatgyan.com every effort has been made to provide the information as true as possible. It is not the moral responsibility of sehatgyan.com. The information given in sehatgyan.com is for the knowledge enhancement of the readers. So we request you to consult your doctor before using any remedy. Our aim is to make you aware. Your doctor knows your health best, so there is no substitute for him.