The fifth month of pregnancy means that you have come in the twenty-first week of pregnancy. At this time you will feel that your baby is making light movements. This movement happens occasionally and by this time a change is also seen in the shape of the abdomen.
21st week of pregnancy changes in mother’s body
During this you realize that you are pregnant. Seeing the increasing belly, pregnant women start wearing maternity or big clothes. During this time you can feel the movement of your baby, although it is very light movement.
During this time the size of the breast increases and the body starts preparing for milk production. Changes in hormones lead to excess production of sebum (oil produced by the skin). Due to which the problem of acne is also seen.
At this time burning and pain may be felt in the urine. Sometimes there is a high fever, in which case it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately.
21st week of pregnancy body development of the baby
In the 21st week of pregnancy, your baby is about the size of a carrot. Its weight is 350 grams and size is 8.5 inches. Your baby may open eyes this week. Prints of his little finger and toe may be noticeable.
Also the baby starts responding to voices. Apart from this, his digestive organs also start developing. In this week, vernix caseosa starts forming in the baby’s body, which acts as a cover on the baby’s skin. 20th week of pregnancy
21st week of pregnancy – what are the symptoms
1. Your weight may increase even more this week.
2. Due to the pressure of the growing uterus, the gastric fluid in the stomach goes into the esophagus, causing indigestion.
3. The extra weight of the baby puts pressure on the lower back, which can lead to back pain.
4. Due to change in hormones and increase in blood circulation, your hair and nails get extra nutrients.
5. Pregnant women also feel hungry during this time. So don’t forget to take small miles. You must include fruits in your snacks.
6. Water retention in the body causes swelling of hands and feet.
7. Stretch marks are formed due to the growing uterus. The skin may become dry and itchy. Applying a good moisturizing lotion can help reduce the itching. Nineteenth week of pregnancy
21st week of pregnancy – Diet and Diet
1. Consume more and more water to stay hydrated.
2. Eat small meals at regular intervals and take only home cooked food.
3. Make sure to include fruits, vegetables, dairy products and beans in your diet.
4. Do moderate exercise and walking is ideal to keep your energy level up.
5. Maintain oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth regularly.
6. Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, and using illegal drugs, as this can affect the development of the fetus.
7. Avoid oily and fatty foods and include more and more fiber in your diet. It helps in reducing constipation.
8. Get enough sleep and try to stay away from stress.
9. If you are working, avoid sitting for long hours. Try getting up and walking around the office.
In Sehatgyan.com every effort has been made to provide the information as true as possible. It is not the moral responsibility of sehatgyan.com. The information given in sehatgyan.com is for the knowledge enhancement of the readers. So we request you to consult your doctor before using any remedy. Our aim is to make you aware. Your doctor knows your health best, so there is no substitute for him.